Partners For Youth Inc. is now accepting resumes for casual Youth Worker positions at Youth Unbound (formally Safe Harbour House), 50 Broad St., Saint John, NB.
Youth Unbound is based on a transitional, supportive housing model for youth ages 16-19 years. It provides a home environment for at risk youth who are experiencing homelessness. This innovative transitional program seeks to engage and empower youth residents while assisting them in developing skills and the self-esteem needed to transition into adulthood.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Connect with and develop trusting/helping relationships with residents
- Supervise youth in the House
- Support and offer guidance to youth (teachable moments)
- Ensure youth receive exceptional daily care
- Assist residents with access to community resources
- Encourage and mentor youth as they participate in life skills development (household shopping, meal planning/preparation, maintenance of household/landscape, money management, etc)
- Ensure youth are engaged and involved in meaningful activities (educational, recreational)
- Help create a safe and supportive home environment for youth including maintaining a clean living environment
- Complete necessary documentation, report writing
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all youth
- Follow Partners For Youth Policy/Procedural Guidelines
All staff are required to have a current Criminal Record Check and SD Background Check.
If you are interested in being a part of a highly motivated and collaborative team please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.