The New Brunswick Youth In Care Network seeks to develop a sense of belonging and a spirit of leadership in youth who find themselves in the provincial care system. Since its beginnings in 2010, network members have had a considerable impact on the policies that govern and administrators who manage the care system.
Any person who is currently or who was once in care can join the NBYICN by contacting our project coordinator. Some choose to become a part of the network leadership group; others simply join us to take part in PFY events and workshops.
If you are a professional who works with youth in care, and you think someone you work with would benefit from being part of the NBYICN, contact our project coordinator for more information. You can also find the NBYICN on Facebook.
Become a Leader
The NBYICN leadership group is the beating heart of our network. As network leaders, they are given the opportunity to take part in all sorts of fantastic stuff.
They help us put together PFY events and are often called upon to act as representatives of New Brunswick youth in care all over the country in all sorts of ways.
The leadership group also allows our more senior members the chance to become mentors for new members coming in. They are our experts. They understand the challenges that come with growing up in care, and they know how to develop leadership skills in others.
Do you have what it takes to be a leader? We’re always on the look out for people to help us grow.
Similarly, if you or someone you know would like to meet someone who has been there and who understands what you’re going through, our fantastic network leaders are always willing to help. Contact us!
Program referral forms/ formulaire de demande pour programmes
- Comfort Kit/Kit de confort
- Home-Based Funds/Fonds d’Aide à Domicile
- Health and Wellbeing Funds/Fonds pour la Santé et le Bien-être
- New Brunswick Youth in Care/Jeunes Pris en Charge du Nouveau-Brunswick
- Youth Works/Jeunes au travail
The Rosemary McCain McMillin Scholarship
The Rosemary McCain McMillin Scholarship is awarded to young people who are or who were in the care of the Province of New Brunswick and who are looking to pursue studies at the graduate level. The scholarship covers up to $5,000 of the cost of post-secondary tuition and fees. Anyone who is from care in New Brunswick can apply, including students who have applied for or obtained the scholarship in previous years.
To be eligible for the Rosemary McCain McMillin Scholarship, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Be successfully enrolled in a graduate-level educational program (e.g. Masters or Ph.D program)
- Be a current or former youth in care from the Province of New Brunswick. This includes anyone who is, or was in temporary or permanent care, or was assigned a social worker as part of an official care agreement.
- Have successfully provided all required application documentation before the deadline of June 1.
Scholarship Application Forms
Rosemary McCain McMillin Scholarship – Application Form [English]
La Bourse Rosemary McCain McMillin – Formulaire de demande [Français]
The Ben Bourque Scholarship
The Ben Bourque Scholarship is awarded to young people who are or who were in the care of the Province of New Bruns-wick and who are looking to pursue post-secondary education. The scholarship covers up to $500 of the cost of post-secondary tuition and fees. Anyone who is from care in New Brunswick can apply, including students who have applied for or obtained the scholarship in previous years.
The Ben Bourque Scholarship fund was founded by family, friends and colleagues.
To be eligible for the Ben Bourque Scholarship, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- Be successfully enrolled in an educational program (e.g. College, University, Trade school etc.).
- Be a current or former youth in care from the Province of New Brunswick. This includes any-one who is, or was in temporary or permanent care, or was assigned a social worker as part of an official care agreement.
- Have successfully provided all required application documentation before the deadline of November 29, 2022.
Scholarship Application Forms
The Ben Bourque Scholarship Application Form – English
Bourse Ben-Bourque Lignes Directrices et Formulaire de Demande