We are looking for post-secondary education students to fill full-time staffing positions at our summer camp. Camp Tippy Canoe is an outdoor adventure program for at-risk youth that we run out of our beautiful base camp on North Lake (near Canterbury, NB). From our base camp, we run canoe trips along the scenic St. Croix lake systems, stopping at a series of campsites overnight along the way. Conditions are a bit rustic, but working at the camp is an experience of a lifetime.
Required skills and knowledge
- Must be a student at a post-secondary institution in the current academic year and returning
- High energy, self-starter
- Experience and/or desire to work with children and youth in a camp setting
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Able to problem solve effectively
- Relative physical fitness is an asset as we will be canoeing up to 4 hours some days
- Current CPR, First Aid Qualification
- Valid driver’s license an asset
- Criminal Records Check
- Experience with children in a camp or educational setting preferred
To submit an application, or simply to obtain more information on the Camp Tippy Canoe program contact us!