The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of Partners for Youth Inc. (PFY) programs and services in accordance with the organization mission and strategic direction from the Board of Directors. The Executive Director oversees the daily operation of the organization and works with the Board of Directors to ensure that the programs and services meet the needs of youth and key stakeholders. The Executive Director creates a culture and environment that fosters the values and philosophy of PFY, by establishing an organizational structure to ensure accountability of programs, staff and volunteers. As a leader, the Executive Director cultivates strong relationships with volunteers and staff; partners, including government, foundations, donors, and stakeholders; and develops mutually beneficial relationships that establish credibility for the organization.
- Oversee the implementation of the vision and mission of the organization through existing programs and services.
- Work collaboratively with strategic planner to support long term vision and goals of the organization.
- Oversee the implementation of the policy and procedures of the organization.
- Provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive reports to the Board regarding the ongoing operation of PFY.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization and represent PFY at provincial activities to enhance the organization’s profile.
- The ability to communicate in both official languages would be considered an asset.
- Promote PFY’s programs and services to the province, government, media and other agencies.
- Establish professional working relationships with funding agencies, government departments, foundations, and community stakeholders to ensure sustainability and growth of PFY programs and services across the province.
- Integrate, develop and grow organizational team with a focus on team building and open communication skills between staff, volunteers and board members.
- Participate in committees of the Board of Directors as an ex-officio member to provide guidance and direction.
Operational planning and management
- Ensure that the operation of PFY meets the needs and expectations of our youth, the community, province, the Board and key stakeholders.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization and the design, marketing, promotion, delivery, and quality of programs and services.
- Ensure appropriate HR policies, processes and systems are in place to manage the human resources of the organization according to policy and procedures.
- Supervise and motivate a workforce composed of paid staff and volunteers to create a culture of openness, team focus and collaboration.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and manage the performance of staff.
- Oversee a robust program performance measurement system to meet the needs of the Board and external partners/funders.
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate insurance, legislation and regulations.
- Ensure that staff, youth, donor and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained.
- Identify, evaluate and manage the risks of the organization’s people (youth, staff, board, and volunteers), property, finances, goodwill and image.
- Work with staff, strategic planner and the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget, identify resource requirements, research funding sources, submit appropriate proposals, and maintain fundraising records and documentation.
- Oversee community, funder, philanthropic and donor based fundraising initiatives.
- Ensure that the annual Charity Information and Return is filed with CRA before the filing deadline.
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget, monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization and ensure compliance with all legislation covering taxation, not for profit organizations and withholding payments.
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the organization.
Please submit cover letter, resume and four references to . Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.